Swimming with Sharks (Plays and Musicals in London)

London Travel Blog

Thought I would write a little about the plays and musicals I have seen since living here in London.

Last night I saw Swimming with Sharks.  This play is based on the 1994 cult film.  The plays cast was really outstanding and stared Christian Slater.  Very much recommend seeing this one.

I also saw 39 Steps a few weeks back.  The play is a comic adaptation of John Buchan’s classic novel and based on the 1935 Hitchcock film.  The cast of 4 were great and very physical, they must just be exhausted after every performance.

Last week I saw Footloose.  Talk about a BAD performance.  I think we had understudies in the two main roles, neither could sing or act.  The dancing was fun, but I expected more from the music, other than the two main songs from the film (Footloose and Let's Here it for the Boy) the rest of the songs were just not that good.  It was very disappointing and the only saving grace was the actor who played Rusty.  Her voice was great!  She shoudl have been the star!

When I first got to London I went to see Wicked.  It was fantastic, the actors could act and sing, the music and story were great.  One of the best Musicals I have seen and a most see on the list ;-) for anyone visiting London!

London