Pamper Day

Marrakech Travel Blog

My last day before my return to HOME, and I wanted it to be a pamper day.  It was a hammam, massage, manicure, facial, lunch by the pool and some sun tanning.  Good and relaxing way to end my travels before heading back to London for the night and then of to SFO the next morning!  One more night and then back in my own bed ;-)

The really only stressful part of the trip was the taxi drivers.  They are ruthless, they lie and the hotels support their extortion.  Never tip them, they already took you for a rideā€¦.the guidebooks tell you the locals pay 10-15 dirhams to get around town, you pay more than double that and sometimes triple that.  I had done my research and it really was a no win situation, better to just pay than deal with the stress of bartering with them.

I visited North Africa 3 times this year (Egypt, Tunisia and now Morocco) and each was a wonderful cultural experience.  I really enjoyed the desert hues, the architecture, the hospitality from the people, their mint tea and cuisines and the Muslim prayer chant or call to prayer (it is really lovely to hear and calming).  I will for sure want to come back to Morocco for a desert safari/camping!

photo by: sweetet