Final Thoughts

London Travel Blog

I always thought I would be a “big city girl” and while there are some things that are so incredible about living in the city, there are just as many things that I missed that just can’t be replaced.

The city has great things to offer; history, art, crowds, public transportation, proximity to other destinations, wonderful parks, theathre, different English spellings and words ;-) and architecture.  Those are all things I will miss (and my heated towel racks).  This past year has been the hardest of my life and I have learned so much.  5 Months away from home is a challenge and an adventure and I learned a lot about myself.  I wont forget the experience and I am truly thankful for it.  But you can not replace friends, you can try but you can’t.  It is sad how relationships pull you away from those, I guess everyone learns their lesson on that and vows (ironic) to never let it happen again.  I am so lucky to have a great group of friends to return home to.  London was hard to make friends in, although I am sure that is like most big cities, but I missed my friends, my cat, the ability to do outdoor things anytime you want to, good weather and my home.  There really is nothing like home.

The End!