Roman Baths

Bath Travel Blog

Don't worry! I am still here. I haven't had any interesting stories to tell. I have mostly been around the campus and some areas closeby recently. Today we had a field trip to Bath. For the first time, the weather was pretty gloomy. Apparently we have been lucky since we've gotten here. It's been beautiful and sunny almost every day! It rained a little today and was somewhat chilly. It's starting to get a little colder... especially at night. I got a new winter coat to wear, and I have to say that it is quite cute! :) Anyway, back to Bath... We started off by going to the museum that showed all the Roman baths, and it was quite interesting. You could see where the hot springs were filling the baths, and if you touched the water, it was nice and warm! In some spots, you could see the steam rising. I did not particularly like the museum as much as I thought I would. The museum is built around the old ruins, so you are walking through a museum while observing what ruins are left. I think it would have been more interesting if it were closer to what the original area looked like. Other than that, I found it pretty interesting and enjoyed wandering around.

After the museum, we wandered around Bath to look at the area. We had some tea at a little cafe and browsed around some shops. The ride took about two hours to get there from the university. Overall, it was a lot of fun! :)

Tomorrow is our last day of class for the pre-sessional. I have to get started on my paper! It is due September 29th. We move into our permanent addresses tomorrow, so I am pretty excited about that. I can't wait to decorate my room and make it feel more like my space!!! We will have Friday and the weekend off but have events planned for next week until Wednesday. Hopefully I will be able to do some kind of trip on the Thursday - Sunday space! Classes start at the beginning of October. I'm dreading it a little because I have loved being able to explore, but apparently they are really laid back here. Some classes only meet once a week, so I should have a nice schedule what with only taking two classes.

More updates to come as more interesting things happen! :)
Bath