AfricaEgyptLuxor

Moontaz

Luxor Travel Blog

Forgive the spelling, which is, as usual creative to say the least, bu the word that sounds like Moontaz means excellent.  Armed with the knowledge, we have been dropping the word like it was something on fire.

Last night we went back to our hostel and hung out on the roof and chilled out with the guy who runs the place.  We sat around drinking hibiscus tea and talking.  One of the folks from the train, Charlie, was staying at another hotel but when he stopped by the manager offered to let him sleep up on the roof, which is really not somehting that you can say no to.  I think that Chris and I are going to sleep out there tonight.  Last night, in the interest of getting actual sleep we stayed in our room, but tomorow we have to get up early for heading to the valley of the kings and the valley of the queens.

This morning we headed back up to the roof for breakfast.  After days of bread and more bread I sort of thought that we would have bread again.  And we did.  But we also had fruit and eggs and corn flakes and yogurt and coffee and more hibiscus tea and juice.  It was quite the feast.  We ended up lingering on the roof for a while just sitting in the shade and enjoying not moving too quickly.

We decided to rent bikes in order to get arond town today.  Biking in Luxor is both a very good idea and scary.  I may have mentioned crazy traffic?  Well, biking in the crazy traffic is a harrowing experience.  Still, we survived somehow.  We visited the Mummification Museum and Karnak without having to take a taxi or a bus.

And so tomorow on to Dahab.

Luxor