just a note...

Vientiane Travel Blog

Just realised this is the first country i have ever been in that does not have a MacDonalds! How lovely.  There are no chains here, no tescos or boots or Starbucks or KFC (unlike Thailand)...must be the last remaining country ??

My final day in Vientiene and I took it easy strolling around, walking down to a significant temple (Wat ??) and then going for a facial for $3....lovely, even though i don't know what the hell the girl was putting on my face for the 40mins and found it hard to breathe when she put the steamer on my face.  Felt very smooth afterwards though :-).  At 5.30pm I went to the hall next door to my guest house to see the 'Traditional Lao Show'...consisted of Laos dancing and music, was so sweet as the dancers seemed to enjoy it so much, wearing bright coloured clothes...small audience of around 7 though...and we had to get up and dance with them at the end - wasn't expecting that!  Had a very nice meal at 'Just for Fun' - chicken peanut curry, delicious!  Oh and on my walks around I found an excellent shop...full of label rip offs...bought a Burberry purse, Diesel top, Ralph Lauren top and Top Shop underwear (have no idea how that got there!!).

photo by: skydiver