I`m losing my patience, and an extra day in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Travel Blog

God morning Amsterdam.

We had a few hour of sleep at Holiday Inn.  The sun was shining when we went to breakfast at 09.30.  I love hotel breakfasts, and among other things, to day I`m going to have Dutch pancakes.

After breakfast we went to Schiphol to check in for our flight to Munchen, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur.  We did`n have to be at the airport so early, but I wanted to make sure our transfer was booked.

In god mode, and still smiling we went to KLM`s service counter.  I presented the schedule for our day in the air, still smiling.  But the answer I got from KLM`s agent, wiped the smile of my face.  She told us that we were not booked in on this transfer.  We were booked in on a flight to Paris at 07.30, and asked why we didn`t show.  Our chances to for a transfer to KL to day were less than zero.  I told her that the main reason for not showing up was that no one had bothered to tell us.

I knew there was a flight to KL from Schiphol the same evening, and demanded to be booked on the flight, but she told me that the flight was full.

In my mind I could see us missing our flight to Bali because of this.

And now my patience had reached it`s end.

Boat cruise at Amsterdam canals
  I told her that I did not care how, but we were going to KL this evening with the flight leaving Schiphol at 21.00.  Looking her strait into her eyes, I`m sure my green eyes had turn black, and my voice was dangerous calm.  For all I cared she had to drag two people out of the plain to make two seats available for Ingvild and me.   And all of a sudden, she smiled, looked at me and told me she would arrange two seats for us.  I had to take a deep breath, I were so relieved I almost started to cry.

Ingvild and I went straight to the check in counter, checked in our large suitcases and realised we had a day to spend in Amsterdam.

BOTH OF US LOVE AMSTERDAM!!!

We visited Amsterdam in June, but we did not have time for a boat cruise on Amsterdams beautiful canals.

The Canals, Amsterdams jewellery
  We dicided to have a cruise to day as a bonus for one day extra in Amsterdam.  The sun is shining, the sky is blue and the temperature is nice.  Walking round in Amsterdam fills us with pleasure.  And when we are getting thirsty, we will sit down and have a white beer.  Amsterdam is a nice city to visit in autumn to.

Amsterdam is one of the greatest small cities in the world. From its canals to world-famous museums and historical sights, Amsterdam is one of the most romantic and beautiful cities in Europe.

Amsterdam is also a city of tolerance and diversity. It has all the advantages of a big city: culture, nightlife, international restaurants, good transport - but is quiet, and largely thanks to its canals, has a little road traffic.

In Amsterdam your destination is never far away, but get a bike for most authentic experience.

Amsterdam's Canals

The number of canals have led Amsterdam to become known as “The Venice of the North”. And thus, a trip to Amsterdam is not complete without a boat cruise. A canal tour can be both fascinating and relaxing by day and enchanting and romantic at night when many of the houses and bridges are illuminated.

The four main city center canals are Prinsengracht, Herengracht, Keizersgracht and Singel. There are also numerous smaller canals in the neighbourhood of Jordaan, of which the Brouwersgracht, the Bloemgracht and the Leliegracht are especially pleasant.

We lost a day in Kuala Lumpur, but having a day in Amsterdam was worth it.  We made the best out of our day with the canal cruise, walking round and just sitting with a white beer looking at people passing us.

OH YES WE LOVE AMSTERDAM!!!

X_Drive says:
We flew into that airport to begin our tour. Great place. And we loved Amsterdam.
Posted on: Nov 16, 2007
mellemel8 says:
i loved it too :) am glad things got settled.
Posted on: Nov 11, 2007
Magere Brug
Magere Brug
Viuw from Holiday Inn
Viuw from Holiday Inn
Amsterdam Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
After a nice day in Amsterdam we went back to Schiphol for dinner at The Brassierie. Nice surroundings, you all know i love Schiphol airport. The B… read entire review
Amsterdam