Happy birthday Tove

Siem Reap Travel Blog

"Keep the Credit Card warm Gang"

Happy birthday Tove.

After the visit to Ta Prom we went to the market halls of Seam Reap.  We have not been shopping in Seam Reap but now it is the time for it.

We all have the black belt in shopping and we are known as “Keep the Credit Card warm Gang”.

Having our feets done

The credit cards had to rest to day, but we all had our pockets full of dollar bills.

The market was full of nice smelling  spice and fruit.  If we wanted we could have a dress made for us in a few hour, lots of tailors offered to come to our hotel with whatever we wanted them to make for us.

We ended up with some silver jevlerys and my sister bought a Buddah statue.

After a rather though time at the market our feet’s were acing so we had to do something about this.

Nearby our hotel we found a foot massage salon and in we went for a relaxing hour.

And after a few hours of rest at our hotel we were ready for celebrating Tove`s birthday.

Here age is not important I just want to say she keep forgetting that she no longer is 25.  But to be honest we all do.

Tove is a great friend, always with a smile on her mouth, seeing most situations with positive eyes and always making  people that surrounds her happy.

Tove and Siri

This evening she invited us to a very nice restaurant to celebrate her birthday.

We went to Red Dragon Restaurant to have a meal with Khmer Cuisine.

Cambodia’s cuisine has been strongly affected by fluctuations in it`s geography, politics and economy.

To day the cuisine reveal a colourful predominance of hot and not so hot chillies, peeled garlic, fresh ginger, coconut milk, aromatic coriander and basil leaves, lime juice, tamarind, lotus root, fragrant lemon grass, sacks of various kinds of rice, jars of fish paste and bottles of fish sauce.

The latter, rice, spicy mixture of garlic, chillies, finely mashed fish of varying quality and type and other additives including ground peanuts is a Cambodian exclusive.

It is difficult to choose between the dishes, but I think it is a win - win situation.

Starting up with

Onion Soup

Beef on Lemon Grass Skewers with Pepper Dip

Chicken Curry with Eggplant and Sweet Potato

Braised Fresh Water Prawns with Palm Sugar

all this with Stir Fried Rice Pilaf

and of cause accompanied with a good red wine.

Come on let`s party

Cheers Tove.

Going back to our hotel in the small hour we decided to have a Tuk tuk.

We knew that two of the Tuk tuk drivers have had an eye at us, passing us up when we were leaving the restaurant.

And we understood that they had some kind of roules, this drivers were ment for us.

With 5 Tuk tuk waiting we realiced we had to use them all.

Paying 5 dollar for 5  Tuk tuk instead of 2 dollar for the 2 we needed.

My Tuk tuk driver
  The drivers did`n belive their fortune.

Safe back at the hotel the drivers had 2 dollar each.

They were singing leaving us at the hotel terrace.

Keep the Credit Card warm Gang
"Keep the Credit Card warm Gang"
Ingvild and Tore