Everything has an end

Trondheim Travel Blog

Leaving Kuala Lumpur, arriving home in Trondheim twenty hour later.

My Asia tour is history, but my memories will live with me.

After a flight for 12 hour from KL to Amsterdam, we have 4 hour to spend at Schiphol.  And as you know Schiphol is my favourite airport, I have no problem spending 4 hour here.

Schiphol is dressed for Christmas, way to early for me.  But I must say I liked the decorations.  The Christmas trees were decorated with small earth globes in red and gold.  Nice at an airport.

Schiphol has a new security system. The Security Scan screens people, and I was rather suspicious at the scanning.  Walking into the cabin of the Security Scan, standing still with my arms raised for three seconds it felt as if I were in an X-ray machine.

The information brochure told me that each user`s privacy is careful guarded, the image analyst sits in a closed space and cannot see who is in the machine.  He communicates with the Security Scan agent through a closed radio circuit.  On each scanned image the person`s face is made unrecognable, and the scanned images are not saved.  Believe it if you will………..

The Security Scan works on the basis of harmless millimetre wave technology, the waves are reflected on the body, thus revealing any objects the person is carrying.  No I understand why I was not allowed to have a paper card in my front pocket.

I remember movie loots of years ago; I think it was Peter Seller wearing spectaculars allowing him to see through clothes………………………….  Well, well……..

The flight from Schiphol to Vaernes took about two hour, and I was sleeping most of the time.

Welcome home Marit

I was travelling light dressed, that means jeans, T-shirt and a small jacket.  Arriving Trondheim I regret not bringing my winter coat.  Snow, ice and cold weather.  Welcome home Marit.

Thanks God for our friend Jørgen, he is picking us up at the airport, driving us home in a warm car.  Nice to have good friends.

Ok I know I live in the northern part of Europe, and I love cross-country skiing, but not to day thanks.

Next week I`m travelling to Sollefteå, Sweden driving over the mountains and I look forward to snow, ice and cold weather.

photo by: cvanzoen