Chatching up with Tove at Schiphol?

Schiphol Travel Blog

Schiphol is the Netherlands main airport. Located 20 minutes (17.5 km) south-west of Amsterdam, Schiphol is a European main port.

In 2006, Schiphol ranked fourth in Europe in terms of passenger traffic.

Schiphol is the home base of KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines), Martin air and Transavia, and a hub for United States based Northwest Airlines.

I really like Schiphol airport.  I it is easy to spend 4 hours here.   If I want I can go shopping in tax-free shops.

Schiphol has large shopping areas as a source of revenue and as an additional attractant to air-carrier passengers.  Schiphol Plaza is the shopping centre before customs, hence not only for air travelers, but also for non traveling visitors.  There is a regular-size supermarket, Food Village, that is open until midnight seven days a week.

I can visit Rijksmuseum (I really like Dutch painters, especially Vermeer and Potter).  The Rijksmuseum operates a small dependence at the airport, offering a small overview of both classical and contemporary art. The museum shop affiliated with the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam Schiphol offers souvenirs specially crafted for the museum.

And if I want (I usually do) I can have a nice meal with beer or wine.  I can sandwiches, salads, sushi or warm dishes.  If I just want a drink, a glass of beer, a glass of wine or champagne I have lots of nice bars to choose between.  Oh yeah, I do like Schiphol airport.

Schiphol also has its own mortuary, where deceased people can be handled and kept before departure or after arrival.

And if you and your loved one are in the mood, you can since 2006 get married at Schiphol and go on honeymoon directly.

To day Tove, Ingvild and I will have a nice meal with, (I suppose) a glass of red wine before visiting The Rijksmuseum dependence.  We will have time to go shopping in the tax free area, and finally have a good cup of coffee (of cause with avec).   And by now it is time for us to go to gate, enter the aircraft, settle down and enjoy good service from KLM.  In about 11 hour we will land in Kuala Lumpur

This were my plan, but I was wrong again......

Schiphol