We almost didn't make it..

Stansted Travel Blog

We had to leave really early this morning for our flight to Rome. We almost didn't make it though. The night before, the roads in Birmingham, England had iced over. I was driving my car down a windy road and didn't pay attention to the road conditions. I ended up going over some black ice and spun around and then my car landed in a ditch that I couldn't get out of. We had to call a tow truck to get us back to the house. I wasn't sure if there was any damage to the car that would prevent me from driving it. It was pretty essential that the car worked because we had to leave in 4 hours for Stansted Airport. I had a mechanic look at it and he gave me the go ahead for driving it. With that load off my back, I went back to my house and packed. I think with the "accident" still fresh in my mind, coupled with the excitement of going to Rome, I didn't get any sleep. We left the house at 2:30 for a three hour ride to Stansted. Once we got checked in we went and got something to eat and then waited to board. We flew EasyJet which I highly reccomend. After the three hour flight, we arrived in sunny Rome. It was pretty cold when we left England, but we were greeted with 60 degree weather, in January!! We took a bus from Ciampino, to Termini Station. Our hotel was only about a half a mile from the train station so we decided to walk . We got to the hotel around 1pm and decided to take a quick nap before venturing out into the city. The quick nap turned unto 6 hours!! We woke up around 7pm and were kind of upset because we felt that we had wasted some good time for sight seeing. But in the end it was ok because we obviously needed it the rest! So, after a quick meal at the hotel, we went back to bed and slept all night!
Stansted