Where the hell is Ian? Where the hell is the hotel?

Madrid Travel Blog

I slept probably an hour on the flight and arrived at 9pm. I was going to Madrid to meet my friend Ian, another American, who was recording an album in Malaga. He was arriving in Madrid that day too from Malaga and I told him to meet me at the airport. Well, big surprise, He wasn't there. I waited for an hour trying to call him, but he didn't answer his cell phone. So, I finally left him a message saying to meet me at the hotel. I left directions for him on a voice mail and prayed that he would get it. I had lived in Madrid for 6 months a couple of years ago so I would like to think that I know my way around the city well. That wasnt the case tonight. I got off at the subway and tried to follow directions to the hotel I was staying at but my mind was just so over worked that I wasn't thinking clearly. I got lost and had to ask directions a couple of times. One guy offered to let me use his mobile to call the hotel and of course I accepted. Fortunately I speak Spanish so getting directions from locals was not too hard.. although since I was so tired, and hadn't spoken it in a while, it didn't come out as smoothly as I wanted. Anyways, I finally made it to the hotel and guess who was sitting there in the lobby??? Ian! He said that he wasited for me at the airport for liek an hour and then decided to leave because he thought that I had already come and gone. I find out later that he had the wrong flight times. So after all of this we I checked into the hotel at almost midnight. I was on my 20th wind by this point so we decided to go to a bar and get something to eat. We got back to the hotel at 1:30 or so and just crashed!
Madrid