Yay for the Beach!

Saint Leonard Travel Blog

water

Today marked the last day of freedom before school kicks into gear tomorrow (at least for the teachers, kids have until Tuesday officially).  Erin had texted me on Saturday about getting together and doing something for the day.  At first we planned to go to Baltimore and see an art museum.  Then I discovered that both of the art museums I was looking into were closed on Monday and Tuesday.  So we switched gears, grabbed swimsuits, and headed for the beach.

Flag Ponds has a visitor center, trails, and a fishing pier.  (See my previous blog for more detail).  We were only interested in the beach and sitting in the sun.  We staked our towels out on patch of less shelly sand; the beach was littered in shells and other ocean debris.

lifering
  Honestly, we didn't have trouble finding a spot.  Maybe two dozen people visited the beach over the two hours that we were there.  I had brought a book but we just talked.  About school, family, friends, guys.  Good girl talk :)  After an hour we got up and walked along the shoreline, first down to the pier and then back around the inlet.  We had to keep our eyes open for jellyfish that had stranded themselves but overall did not see too many of the stinging animals.

Returning to our towels, we decided we were hungry so we hiked back along the path and up the hill.  We got changed in the women's restroom outside the visitor center, loaded into the car, and headed further south.

shell