Christmas in the Gardens

Solomons Travel Blog

ice skaters

I have definitely been blessed with two awesome roommates.  We get along well and consider each other friends not just help paying the rent.  When I mentioned that I was thinking of going to see the Christmas lights in Annmarie Gardens again (last year's visit), Kimberleigh was definitely interested and then Christie joined in too.

So on a cold but clear Saturday evening we drove down the length of the peninsula with a stop in Lusby for dinner.  The Mexican food was good and cheap (an added benefit).

We paid our entrance fee and got light up sticks as a free gift since I had printed off copies of the venue's calendar for each of us.  We walked past the ornaments for sale, picked up an I Spy sheet, and headed into the twinkling fantasy beyond the doors of the warm gallery.

Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson

We may all be in our twenties but we had a blast looking for the different items in each of the scenes including the bonus shamrock hidden in each one.  We chatted about the decorations and life and took a few photos with ourselves in them.  Kimberleigh and Christie had to get their picture taken with the scuba diver while later on the kangaroo and little Simba in the Walk on the Wild Side scene demanded "group" photos.  Our lightsticks were actually bracelets and added a tiny streak of color to the night.  We had not purchased the special glasses that enhanced the lights but at one point we stopped behind a young boy and his adult.  She offered us the glasses for a peek.  They transformed the plain guidelights along the edge of the sidewalk into a shimmering rainbow, tossing even more color into the fantastic designs.

circus scene

I was pleased to discover that while some themes repeated from last year, the designs were not identical and new ideas had been incorporated into the walk of lights.

We reached the end too soon and headed back into the warmth of the main building.  Here we looked at an art display on hot rods and then climbed upstairs where there was an exhibit featuring art by teenagers in our county.  We were impressed by the skill and thought that had gone into the pieces.

With Christie spending the night at her mom's, we parted ways back at the restaurant, definitely having enjoyed our evening out.

trapeze artist