Nassau- Flipping Wonderful

Nassau Travel Blog

Atlantis

This morning when I woke up, I went to the Lido Deck on the Carnival Valor only to be greeted by the familiar skyline of Nassau, Bahamas. This marked my third trip to the island. Once we were on land, we caught a cab right outside of the Straw Market and rode on a terrifying ride to nearby Paradise Island. Driving in foreign countries is always quite interesting.

Our cabbie dropped us off at Cabbage Beach where we geared up to snorkel. The water was gorgeous by quite choppy. After my first step into the water, my flipper was whisked away by the treacherous current and I never saw it again. Snorkeling this beach would be impossible!

We arranged for our taxi driver to pick us back up at our drop off point and $16 ($8 each way) we were back at the Straw Market. We strolled through the narrow and crowded aisles of the outdoor market browsing at most of the stalls. I didn't buy anything, I was just ready to leave. I always feel so claustrophobic here. Having your muscles and lungs tighten up on you is an unpleasant feeling.

451 miles from home
Sights Visited: Straw Market, Atlantis, and Cabbage Beach

Atlantis
View of the harbor from the Lido D…
View of the harbor from the Lido …
Paradise Beach
Paradise Beach
Nassau Sights & Attractions review
The Straw Market is one of the most frequently visited attractions in Nassau, Bahamas. This is mostly due to its prime location. The Straw Market c… read entire review
Nassau