Le bus a disparu!

Barcelona Travel Blog

That means "the bus has disappeared" in French and those are the words that Bruno, our French driver, uttered to us yesterday morning when we went to get on said bus for our tour.  Yes, it´s true.  I can hardly believe it myself, but it is actually happening.  At first we weren´t sure if it was stolen or had been towed, but apparently it has been stolen as Bruno has flown to Paris to get another one.  I will keep you posted on this saga as it develops.... should find out tomorrow when we go to get on our new bus at 8 am to go to Madrid :).

Apparently, not only do the citizens of Barcelona want our bus, they also want all of our electronics and money.  5 students had things stolen out of their hotel rooms (3 iPods, several hundred Euros, a PSP and 3 games) and the hotel is taking no responsibility for it as of yet.  Do not stay in the Hotel Senator in Barcelona!!!!  They are rude and your things will disappear from your rooms and you will have no recourse!  6 of us took cabs to the police station to file reports today- so far I´ve been to an Italian hospital and a Spanish police station!  I´ve learned many things.... mostly that people who work in hospitals and police stations in Italy and Spain don´t speak great English, but they are very nice and I should know more languages myself :).

Anyway, I´m running out of internet time for now.   I will end from Barcelona by saying that it is a wonderful, beautiful city that I really have enjoyed a great deal.  The architecture is amazing and I am definitely going to come back, but I sure as hell won´t be staying in this hotel again.....  I will write more about all of the great things we´ve seen from Madrid.

Adios!!  More from Madrid!

Barcelona