Volcano Poasa

Alajuela Travel Blog

Manrique picked us up at the hotel in the morning and took us to his house where his mom made us a traditional Costa Rican breakfast with "Gallo Pinto" (sp?). Afterwards we drove to Volcano Poasa (sp?) but we had really bad luck with the weather and all we could see was clouds and the crater was completely hidden. We then went to some waterfalls but the weather was still so bad that we didn't bother going inside as they were quite expensive as well. On the way though we passed a dairy farm that his grandfather owns so we went inside and "played" with the baby cows. What this entailed was letting them lick your hand at first and then sticking your fingers inside their mouth which they then started to suck intensely. It was one of the strangest sensations I've ever felt in my life. We then went to Manrique's uncle's farm which is not only stunning but also has stables right on the property with the most amazing horses I have ever seen. His hobby is breeding Black Spanish horses and he has some absolutely stunning ones.

Finally we went to the mall to buy some things for Nicole for Cuba and I got a nice pair of Quicksilver jeans for myself.

photo by: kelleb