Overnight bus to Panama City

Panama City Travel Blog

Our bus driver was speeding like crazy so this was the first bus ride in ages where I didn't sleep well at all. We arrived in Panama City an hour early, at 3:40am, which was completely unneccessary. I would have much rather we had gone slowly and got their later. I ended up waiting at the Albrook bus station until it was light anyway as I didn't want to venture around in the dark.

Then I caught a local bus to Via Espana for $0.25 but was misinformed and actually got off in Calle 50. After walking aronud wondering why the map didn't fit the terroritory, I eventually realised where I was. I then found two hostels but they were full and had to walk quite a while to the Voyager International Hostel which has moved locations since my Rough Guide went to print (2004). Thus I ended up walking around for about 2 hours this morning with my heavy backpack - let me tell you, it wasn't too much fun. I needed the exercise though.

Wanted to do some sight seeing today but was too tired and also wanted to send my photo CDs home before I left for Panama so I got that done. Tomorrow I'll go and check out the Canal and maybe see a museum as well.

lorettaMB says: