Montezuma Travel Blog

After some great shopping in San Jose which is by far the most cosmopolitan city I've been in in quite a while, we caught the last bus to Montezuma at 14h30 from the Coca Cola bus terminal. We were initially told that we would have to get the ferry from Puntarenas and then get another bus on the other side but this bus actually goes direct all the way to Cobano and goes on the ferry as well, however before the ferry you have to get off and buy your own ferry ticket and while you're on the ferry you're not allowed to be on the bus.

We got to Montezuma a little bit late and didn't have any accomodation booked which turned out to be a bit of a problem as Montezuma was packed with holiday makers in time for New Year's Eve. Thus we ended up having to camp (you see I knew there was a reason why I have been carrying this tent around for the last 3 months) on a camp ground where there was a reggae party that night. So not only did we have loud music mere metres away from our tent but it was also so hot and humid the whole night that we needed to keep the tent flap open all night just to be able to breathe. Once the music stopped a thunderstorm seemed to start up, so needless to say we didn't sleep so well that night.

photo by: kelleb