Leaving Ecuador

Piura Travel Blog

We stayed in a hostal close to the Bus terminal since we had to catch a bus at 7am. Got up at 6am, onto the bus and arrived in Piura at around 3pm. Not much time to do anything other than look for the next bus to take.

Coming from Lima we were on a TEPSA bus with Presidential Service which was pretty good actually but it was only semi-cama and I wanted something busscama this time. We found Flores Buses which at the same price as TEPSA (70 soles) gave us a 1st level cama seat. Each row is only 3 seats wide instead of the usual 4 so the seats are wider and look kinda like airplane business class seats. They also lean way further back to go almost flat so I felt I was going to sleep well on this trip. However there was a problem with the aircon which made it quite hot and stuff which didn't give Nicole much peace. There was also someone snoring quite loudly which annoyed me and I feared might keep me awake but I fell asleep pretty soon and didn't wake up until breakfast time. Best bus sleep I've had so far and no stiff neck when I woke up in the morning. I think busscama is the way to go.

Piura