Flight to London

Sao Paulo Travel Blog

After an incredible trip, the day that always seemed so far away has finally arrived. Unfortunately it's time for us to leave South America. I feel pretty sad, I must admit but I guess that new adventures lie ahead.

Getting here was quite an experience, after a 3 day bus ride we arrived early in the morning between 7am and 8am.  With this being our most important flight to make of the whole trip we didn't waste any time and went straight to the airport. Our flight was only at 4pm so we had some time to kill there. We decided that we definitely weren't going to need our tent anymore - after carrying its 2.5 kg on my back for almost a year and only ever using it once - and it would be a good deed to give it to one of the homeless people in Sao Paulo. Unfortunately, even though that we heard that there are lots of them, none can be found at the airport. It seems like they try to hide the reality from the tourist and after wandering about for almost an hour we didn't find a single poor looking person. So what to do with our tent? Eventually we hit on the amazing idea that there must be a lost and found and they might know what to do with it. So we spoke to the information desk girl - only portugese, no english but she understood enough of my spanish - and she directed us to the lost and found and also wrote us a little note in Portugese explaining that we wanted to give our tent to the charity that the abandoned lost and found goods go to. We found the office without much trouble and they were very happy to accept our tent! Mission accomplished!
Sao Paulo