Bus to Monteverde

Santa Elena Travel Blog

Then from Puntarenas we took another bus to Monteverde. We actually had some pretty nice food at the bus station in Puntarenas but I have no idea what the place was called that we ate at. Although it had been a little windy in Montezuma when we left, we were still wearing shorts and slip slops as it was inevitably hot. However when we got off the bus in Santa Elena we walked right into the most windy rainstorm they've had here in 20 years (or so we were told in the reserve the next day) and still had to walk 10 min in the cold rain with our backpacks until we got to our hotel. However many times this has happened, I still can't get used to the rapid changes of climate we've been experiencing here in Central America although they're actually quite predictable - hot and humid at the cost and once you move inland you invariably end up in the mountains where it very quickly gets cold.

In Santa Elena we stayed at Posada NuestraKasa for $5 each in a double room with a bathroom right next door.  We ate at the comedor around the corner, although in Costa Rica they call them "Soda"s, which also served really good food and I had what I thought was the best burger in ages.

That evening we met Watkins and Chad from South Caroline and swapped travel stories until late in night.

Santa Elena