Rotterdam, or anywhere...

Rotterdam Travel Blog

The Swan

When Doug and I were planninghis trip, the only thing that he was clear about was that he wanted to see Rotterdam.  I asked him why, and he started singing the beautiful south song about this could be Rotterdam or anywhere, so I wil avoid further speculation about baby bro's motives.  It didn't seem like a big ask, so off we went.

Of course, it was three by the time we left Den Haag, and the temperature was starting to drop already.  By the time that we got to Rotterdam and had a look at the cool buildings in the Grote Markt the sun was dropping, and by the time I'd showed him the Erasmusbrug and the river Maas it was getting too dark to go to the Euromast and the sun was definately getting towards setting.  It was bloody freezing.  We got a chocolate waffle in the Hagen Dazs shop, and half way through that I stopped shivering, and then we had to go back outside. A quick trip to H&M provided me with a new Hat, so at least my hair was warm, but the rest of me was getting unhappy.  Doug and I thought about getting some drinks in Rotterdam, changed our mind, and headed back to Utrecht.

Doug