The Hague Travel Blog

On Saturday I went back to Den Haag, mostly because the Super Furry Animals are playing a mini-festival in November and I would rather go to a festival on my own than mope because I didn't get to see SFA, and I couldn't figure out how to buy tickets on the website.  Mission accomplished, so I am now quite happy.

Whilst I was there, I went to the Maurtishuis, which I really enjoyed.  It's quite small, and a chunk of it is shut at the moment whilst they instal an exhibition, so the admission was free, which improved my already pretty sunny mood no end.

I saw Girl with a Pearl Earring - she looks like nothing so much as a late rennaissance High Street Honey, frankly, and nowhere near as interesting as any of the Rembrandts in the room before or the rather stern portrait of the rather Puritan looking Lady in the next room, who looked like she was a far more interesting woman altogether.

After that, I went for a walk around the shops and totally failed to get my brother anything for his birthday, and for a walk in the park where I was slightly surprised to find a large herd of several types of deer.  Wasn't expecting that, and they certainly looked unusual below the modern towers next to the station.  There is also a large moat thing full of ducks - rather more expected, but still quite nice.

I'm planning to go back to Den Haag to look in some of the other museums - the trip is at risk of becoming faaar too cultural at this rate, but that's what you get travelling in winter!

sarahelaine says:
it really is a lovely museum, and I liked the whole city. :)
Posted on: Apr 17, 2008
tvillingmarit says:
I fell in love with the paintings of Potter when I visited Mauritshuis
Posted on: Apr 17, 2008
sarahelaine says:
LOL! But they are brilliant, I tell everyone they should check them out. The gig review is in this blog too.
Posted on: Dec 08, 2007