Hot dogs

Copenhagen Travel Blog

The birds that wanted my hotdog

This probably belongs in the food blog, and also, I think I might have spelled the placename wrong because the place I was staying in and the place on the Blog Map aren't the same!  So I changed it to Copenhagen, even though we were really still in Lyngby - just not the one that's far away from Copenhagen...

Still, these photos are taken in the little square behind the post office, where I had an amazingly good hotdog.  It got a little intimidating - the small cute sparrows obviously liked hot dogs too, and were getting closer and closer peeping and flapping their wings.  I got around to wondering how much it would hurt to be savaged by three or four small, cute sparrows, and how I could explain the injuries to people!  Luckily, they were startled away by a small child.  Small children are obviously more scary than fully grown SarahElaines in hats!

sarahelaine says:
funnily enough, the friend I was visiting is a molecular biologist... :)
Posted on: Dec 12, 2007
sdbleve says:
Explaining injuries from cute little sparrows is fairly easy...you just explain how you were minding your own business, eating a hot dog out in back of the town nuclear power plant....when these freakish birds the size of a VW Bug swooped down out of the sky and attacked you. You beat them off with your hat, and then sat back down to finish of the hot dog that seemed to be glowing in the dark as the sun slowly set behind the university bio engineering lab. :)
Posted on: Dec 12, 2007
sarahelaine says:
well, the train ticket said Lyndby, and it was a couple of stops up the s-tog from Copenhagen, so I'm guessing it's just a really small place with no entry of its own in here! I don't think you'd have any reason to go there if you didn't know someone at the University. But Copenhagen itself was lovely.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2007
amazing hot dog
amazing hot dog
Copenhagen Sights & Attractions review
Louisiana is a museum of modern and contemporary art on the coast near Copenhagen, with a sculpture garden, a restaurant, and good views of Sweden acr… read entire review
Copenhagen