Amsterdam, again

Amsterdam Travel Blog

On Sunday Lisa and I went to Amsterdam, on the very cool double decker train.  We then got muddled up and lost, looking for the sex museum.  Luckily, neither of us minded, because we still had a bit of catching up to do and we enjoyed getting distracted by the shoe shops.  There are a lot of shoe shops to get overexcited about in Amsterdam, a fantastic branch of Zara, and it was good fun being girly. During our wanderings, we'd passed Dam square several times, and noticed that the fairground there had an enormous set of fairground swings, so we decided that there are worse ways to see a city than from very high up, sideways to the ground.  The ride was brilliant, even if I was convinced I would lose my glasses the whole way around.

Then we went to find the sex museum again.

I enjoyed the sex museum, although easily the best bit was listening to the very shocked middle aged couple behind us gasp at everything.  Don't go if you're easily shocked - there are some quite graphic pictures involving animals and things.  It's also quite cheap - 3€.

After lunch, we wanted to go to the Van Gogh Museum but got lost again and finally found the Chocolate cafe.  This time I've picked up a card, so I can write a proper review.  By the time we'd had chocolate, got lost, walked past the zoo, and thought about the time, it was about half past four and we decided to give up on museums for the day; Lisa would go back tomorrow whilst I was at work, and I would go some other time when I didn't have someone to go shopping with.  So we carried on looking for boots for Lisa for a while, then we had a beer in Planet Rock and watched a DVD of Metallica in concert with a symphony orchestra, which was really good.  It's a great café and has a terrace by the river - everyone should go!  We had dinner in a Japanese restaurant, which was one of the best meals either if us could remember having.  After that, we got back on the train and went home.

Amsterdam Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Sushi is a small Japanese restaurant up a side street a couple of blocks from Dam Square. A set four course meal for two, tea, plum wine and reasonab… read entire review
photo by: pearcetoyou