getting ready to go

Maldon Travel Blog

Boring entry, I'm afraid.  I am sitting in my room in my parents' house.  Me and all the assorted detritus that you end up leaving at your parents' when you technically left home almost a decade ago but haven't quite done the putting down roots anywhere else thing.  And they have Wifi, so I have the chance to learn, somewhat belatedly, how this blogging thing works.  If anyone at work asks, it's the basis for my dissertation...

I finally got confirmation that for the next two weeks, I have somewhere to live.  This is something of a relief - It does leave ten weeks to sort out, however.  Any ideas, anyone?  Other than Kamernet, coz I'm not having much luck there.

This is sort of exciting, though.  The last time I worked abroad was when I was in Framingham MA.  Don't go there, unless you really like mallstrips.  And for that, the accomodation was sorted out for me, although they did royally jerk me around for it.  And the job was nowhere near as good as this one sounds.  I was a glorified care worker there, and my employers had me doing things that were discouraged on my Visa.  This time round, I'm a European Citizen who has a nice placement doing what I do best (hiding in a room with coffee and doing a literature search).  The people seem nice, the place seems nice, and there is plenty of coffee - perhaps I can live with being marginally homed!

Sx

jennethm says:
Congrats on being featured Sarah ;) to think u considered it a boring entry :P:P:P
Posted on: Nov 22, 2007
SoloSister says:
Well done!!
Congrats on the feature :)
So sda about going home :(
Posted on: Nov 22, 2007