GOLD!

Skagway Travel Blog

Hi, all!

Today has gone by really fast and I (Lori) have little time to enter this blog, so put on your seatbelts and read on!

I slept in while Deb and LIz went to breakfast.  Then we all went to our excrusion for the day ... "Salmon Bake and Gold Rush Trail Camp" (or something like that).  They had a little show with an old trail camp type song (Clementine) and then did a very humorous recitation of a Robert Service (sp?) poem.  We then ate ... I ate delicious salmon and they chose the baked chicken breat.  The baked beans and cole slaw were really good.  They then gave us a mini lesson on panning for gold, handed us our pans (each guaranteed to have "gold" in it ... they were really tiny flakes - two or three - but it was fun nonetheless.)

We also shopped a little (Liz is a BUYING MACHINE, I tell ya!)  :)  Mom Mira, Lizzie wanted me to tell you she found and bought FOUR lladro's for herself ... they're very nice!  Deb told me to tell everyone that we're picking on her too much (as she's been the "butt" of some jokes ... sorry, .... couldn't avoid the pun) ... but I think we ALL have had our persecutions in the teasing realm ... we're all getting along famously, though, and really enjoying our time together!  My family: i spoke to some of you on the phone today ... hope to do so more tomorrow.

We are in Ketchikan tomorrow.  Looking forward to the "Hoonah sightseeing" thingie.

Well, I HAVE to run ... fancy dinner in just 15 minutes and I still have to finish getting ready.

Ta-ta for now (TTFN)  :)