Wawa, ON to Nipigon, ON

Nipigon Travel Blog

Brrr, it was 52 in the van when we awoke this morning.  Dave said a week ago he never thought he would be using the RV heater…it sure felt good though.

We stopped in Wawa for gas and I was finally able to take it picture of a moose.  Problem is, it was stuffed … not quite what I had in mind.  LOL

Our road takes us farther inland from the lake than it did yesterday.  Mountains, trees and lakes are our scenery today.  Dave and I have been very surprised with the amount of lakes there are dotted along side the road.  Still lots of moose signs too.

We passed 3 different mining operations, one of them Newmont which mines gold among other metals.  The name of the road leading in…”Yellow Brick RD” Love it!!

We stopped in Marathon at the A&W for lunch.  Recreating our youth, I even had a Teen Burger.  J  While in the parking lot I checked for WiFi and found a connection for a quick check of e-mail to find out how Fran’s Mom was doing.  Her surgery went well and they were able to correct the problem with her aorta.  Prayers in place for a quick recovery.

Stayed at Stillwater RV Park just outside Nipigon.  Very rustic, the owners are beginning to update the spots to 30 and 50 amps; it will take awhile as they are looking for the revenue from the camp dues to facilitate it.

Gas at Wawa……$1.215 per liter