Twin Falls, ID before heading off to UT.

Twin Falls Travel Blog

Tues  5/16/06.

Twin Falls, ID before heading off to UT.

Today was a bonus day for us.  We did a bit of touring and Dave and I both were impressed with how clean TF is.  If it weren’t for the fact that we don’t like cold weather (snow) in the winter we would be interested in living around here.  Lots of new construction, looks as though there is a strong economy in the area.

We visited the Perrine Bridge over the Snake River and a fellow did a B.A.S.E. jump off of the side of it.  What a surprise to us.  Then three more jumped.  This is a common practice with the locals and tourist.

Snake River
  Hum. Not I, thanks very much. I did get a few pictures of the jumpers, the bridge and the Snake River.  This is also the same area of Evel Kneivel’s jump site when he tried to cross over the Snake River.  The Shoshone Falls (known as the “Niagara Falls of the West”) is about 3 miles out of town.  It has a horseshoe rim nearly 1,000 feet wide and a sheer drop greater than the famous Niagara Falls. The falls rim no longer has water cascading over the full width of it as enough dams to break up the flow have blocked it. (See picture).  I was still impressed enough to think it surpasses our own Snoqualmie Falls.

Dave drove the full distance to Perry, UT (Brigham city).  More sagebrush, mountains and wind. Very windy.   Tremonton, UT  2.889 gal.  Low gas mileage 13.5

In the 90’s today and more 90’s to come.

B.A.S.E. Jumpers off Perrine Bridge