Sikeston, MO to Paducah, KY to Bowling Green, KY

Bowling Green Travel Blog

5/26-27/06

Sikeston, MO to Paducah, KY to Bowling Green, KY

Continued on the curvy road to Paducah this morning.  Very important to be there before the holiday weekend started so that I could spend some time with Sally Terry.  I have a Prodigy Longarm Quilt Machine that we purchased last fall from Sally and her daughter Sarah.  She offers a two-day class with the machine if you buy from them.  Not knowing for sure when we would be in KY (if ever) I wasn’t able to sign up for the official class.  Sally was nice enough to spend some time with me going over some helpful tips that I will put to good use when we get home.  Still think we need to pull a trailer with my quilting machine in it so I can quilt in the campground each night.   We skipped the sites at Paducah, only because we saw them last year.  The Quilt Museum and the Painted Walls along the river are for sure things to see.  We made a late drive on to the KOA at Bowling Green for a two-night stay.  Needed to do laundry and plugged in a rest day.  :-}  We don’t like to be on the road too much on holidays.  If you ever get to Bowling Green try to fit in the Corvette Plant tour and the Corvette Museum next door.  KOA had WIFI but I just couldn’t get it to work for me.  A lot of campgrounds have WIFI now and most of them have been free this year.  When we stay in the city/state parks we are out of luck.

Gas @ Paducah  $2.589………….15.73 mpg