International Falls to Bemidji, MN

Bemidji Travel Blog

See how little we are!

Before we left International Falls we took a tour of the Boise Paper facility.  What an eye opening experience that was.  I have a higher appreciation of the makings of the paper I use in my printer among other uses.  I was dissapointed to find no falls as they have been damed for the mills use of power.

We had a not so quick lunch at The Chocolate Moose Restaurant in IF. Great pun on name, cute décor and delicious food.

Headed to Bemidji, lots of trees and lakes.  Stayed at the KOA for the night and did the DREADED laundry.  We did enjoy a visit with fellow Roadtrekers Mario and Joan from MN and TX (in the winter).  Mario is not happy with the fridge in his unit.

Wire Buffalo in Bemidji
...using it on DC will NOT cool it down, only maintain until you open the door.  Don't ask me how we know this!

The next morning we headed for Wal-Mart with our shopping list.  Had to replace our coffee maker, curling iron, and buy food plus load up on those great garbage bags they provide.  :-)

We went to the downtown area to view Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox statues located at the visitor center on the lake.  As a young child I had my picture taken standing by the twosome and was able to recreate the moment.  He is still as big as I remember!

We left the city behind and headed out to Lake Itasca State Park.  There is a very informative visitor center at the park detailing the discovery of the beginning of the Mississippi River.  I waded across the Ol' Miss and Dave walked across on the bridge, he didn't want to get his tootsies wet.  LOL  The most surprising thing I found with the river is that it flows north at its beginning before turning and flowing south to the gulf.

Another night at KOA.  Good night sleep, as it is still coldish at night.  We also got to listen to the trains as the track ran just behind us.  Lucky for us it was quiet during the night.

Gas in International Falls…$3.049

Wire Moose in Bemidji
Wire Moose in Bemidji
Metal Indian in Bemidji
Metal Indian in Bemidji
Footsies in the Mississippi River.
Footsies in the Mississippi River.
Turtle Lady @ Lake Itasca