Hinckley to Jordan, MN

Jordan Travel Blog

Friday   8/18

Breakfast at the Casino, what a treat.  Eggs Benedict, my favorite.

Stopped at the local post office to post another photo book full of memories of our trip.  I am now working on filling book 3.  I buy postcards and tuck different reading material into the books.  Making the books up as we go along is much better than sorting "stuff" at the end of a trip.

We actually took the interstate on to Minneapolis.  I-35 was not to busy until just outside the Twin Cities.  By luck, we found our way to The Mall of America.  It is right across the road from the airport.  I was able to take a couple of good pictures of planes as well as some of the mall itself.  What a place!  It is 3 stories high, hundreds of shops and an amusement center for both young and old.  There is a large aquarium too.  We enjoyed our visit and the Godiva chocolate we purchased.  Lots of people watching for entertainment also.

I used the GPS to get us out of the city without getting onto any of the interstates; they are not a fun place to be at commute time as far as we are concerned.  (Thanks again to both Vic and Darryl for helping us get the system up and running last month.)  We used SR 169 to get to Jordan where we stayed at the KOA for the night.
Resources Reviews