Branson, MO to Sikeston, MO

Sikeston Travel Blog

Branson, MO to Sikeston, MO

We had a good nights rest by the lake last night.  Did run the fan though just to keep the air moving.  Did a drive through of Branson…not quite our style.  Was amazed at the amount of buffets and morning, afternoon and evening shows.  Just about anything you might want for entertainment.  Vegas wanabe??  Didn’t see advertising for gambling though.

Drove on SR-160 towards KY.  The view was wonderful, even with the road being like a roller coaster.  Very few straight spots (banked curves and hills), which made for slow going today.  As we neared Sikeston the hills leveled out somewhat and became more corn fields than beef ranching.  Dave and I both were surprised at how much beef is raised in the lower part of the state anyway.

Overcast sky..may get rain tonight..did see lightning and there are about a dozen rain drops on the window.

Gas @ $2.699…………….15.779 mpg

Bonus!!!  3+ hours thunder and lighting show featuring pea to grape size hail.  Dinner snacks: smoked salmon/ cream cheese with blue corn chips.

4 nights without WIFI, played catch up with posting today.

footlooseTs says:
Hi Folks,
Hope next years trip pans out for you. I find WIFI in a variety of places as we travel. We stay at KOA quite a lot if available. They tend to have WIFI most of the time now. Usually it has been free other times they carry Hot Spots and it is $4.00 per hr or $16.00 per month..unlimited. Either Love's or Flying J has WIFI also. I have had Dave stop in a Motel 8 (as an example) parking lot on occasion for their WIFI too. I have found it available at many more places this year than last. I am sure to keep my firewall in place and Norton's updated.

We are having a great time, glad you are following along.
Posted on: May 30, 2006
gself4350 says:
Hoping to do a simular trip next year. Where are you finding WiFi? Free? Enjoy your trip, we will be following your progress. Gary & Mary
Posted on: May 26, 2006