Argonia, KS to Branson, MO

Branson Travel Blog

Argonia, KS to Branson, MO

Overnight temps did not go down as anticipated by me.  Fridge and I stayed warm for the night.  Easy to fix the fridge just put everything on ice.  Problem with me is I can’t find an ice bucket big enough for me and the ice too.  :-}

We left the wheat fields of Kansas today, not windy from then on.  I love the southeast of Kansas and the southwest of Missouri.  Rolling hills, lots of green trees, twisty roads…again we stayed off the interstate and used the country roads.  The towns we went through today were varied in the seemingly life and vitality of each.  Some were what
I called the sad towns, you could just see the losing battle to stay alive, vs. the ones that truly have a niche and are thriving.

Sounds gross, but today was also critter day.  The problem was they tried to cross the road as the chicken did but just didn’t make it.  Turtles (those that know me know I am just crushed, as were they), armadillos (yes all the way up here in KS and MO), possums, stinky skunks and even a coyote to give name to them.

Staying at the Table Rock State Park tonight, then on to Paducah, KY Thursday.  May check out downtown Branson before leaving the area.

Roadtrekers headed for Branson, have fun wish we could have stayed and met you all but had to be in Paducah.

Gas @ Winfield, KS …..$2.599…………….13.58 mpg

Total miles from Everett, WA to Branson, Mo  2,562  (our roads which are not direct)

15.376 mpg