Lima la horrible????

Lima Travel Blog

my home away from home:)
I'd been informed by my Peruvian friend as to the nickname of the capital city of Peru before arriving. As I flew into the city, I couldn't help but envision something to the extent of a city which had been abandoned and evacuated as a result of the horrors experienced there. As I traveled through the gate and exited the baggage claim area, I searched endlessly for my name... what if my cabbie did not arrive? How would I find the family I was to stay with in Lima? I made a circle around those gathered awaiting the arrivals, and as I searched once more, I locked eyes with a man carrying my name, and RAN towards him. He must have been terrified, for I gasped, "Soy Christina! Estaba muy preocupada porque no lo vi cuando llegue." He smiled, and laughed as he looked at my massive pack. He grabbed it off of my back, and motioned me towards the door where I was asked by all of the taxi drivers if I needed a ride:) My new friend, who had relieved me of my pack, escorted me to his cab where I lounged in the back thankful for the safe arrival and for the easy departure from the airport. As we drove, I wondered about the family I was to stay with, and I prayed that I would be a blessing to them just as they were being a blessing to me by allowing me to stay with them in Lima. I arrived, rang the doorbell, and was greeted with open arms by my friend's aunt who immediately showed me my bed and let me fall fast asleep ... with a thankful heart and a wandering mind .. with great anticipation of the months to come.
Lima