once again sailing

Kemah Travel Blog

my parents boat.

This day marks the end of our little getaway.  We will be heading back home tonight, but not before going sailing once again with my parents, as I said before if we see my parents we go sailing.   My parents own this little sailboat and every weekend you find them out either working on the boat or taking it out for a little spin even if its just to Redfish Island.  My parents love their sailboat sometimes more than they love me I think!

The pictures out of the boat are mainly from the Kemah boardwalk, which I'm going to guesstimate it's no more than 10 years old or so.  I definatly was not around when I was a kid!  Some of the restaurants have been around for ever lke the Flying Dutchman, we use to go eat there all the time when I was growing up.

Kemah boardwalk from the boat
  However in the past ten years or less they turned Kemah into a more touristy place adding a boardwalk, a train ride, an aquarium, and more restaurants.  It's  nice place to go visit if your in the area.  I myself have only been there a few times since it has become the boardwalk, mainly because it was built after I left home and secondly it has become rather expensive.  Not your daily grab a bite kind a place.  None the less if in the area stop by go see the stingrays and watch the boats go by not a bad place to spend an afternoon!

Outriggers is now our favorite place to go when visiting mom and pops.  It is on the other side of the boardwalk technically it is in Seabrook.  I have included a small review on what to try there.

Johnb42 says:
more of the boardwalk.
more of the boardwalk.
more boardwalk
more boardwalk
shrimping and fishing boats.
shrimping and fishing boats.
Kemah Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
This place is famous with boaters because they can drive their motor boat right up to it. It's not so easy to that with a sail boat darn! Oh well we … read entire review
Kemah