horseback riding and the market

Progreso Travel Blog

Our excursion in Progreso was horseback riding, with optional shopping at the market.  We arrived at the same time and were loaded unto a bus for a 45min. ride to a hotel and beach resort, that was absolutly beautiful.  There again we were divided into 2 groups this time we were 2nd to ride the horses.  In the meantime we helped ourselfs to a very greasy, but yummy buffet and pina coladas.  Finally it was our turn to ride the horse we went around the resort thru some overgrown shrubs (that's the jungle part, that is how they describe it online.)  Then finally, to the beach, all the way back to the hotel.  It was about 1/2 "jungle", 1/2 beach.

After the horse ride we enjoyed the beach for about two more hours as well as several more pina coladas (since it was all you can drink!)  I have to say Progreso's beach really surprised me since it is on the Gulf of Mexico, I was not expecting beautiful blue water and white sand beaches.

pretty beach, we rode our horses by
  I think I was expecting to see something dirtier, but I was pleasantly surprised!  Blue and green tones divided the water in distinctive lines which I thought were very pretty and the sand was even prettier than in Cozumel.

After the beach we opted to be dropped off at the market, this is were we did most of our souvenir shopping.  Here as well we were pleasantly surprised.  We heard from one of the passengers on the boat that Progreso shopping was not good at all, and since we really had no time for shopping in Cozumel we were wondering what souvenirs we would bring back to people.  We got to the market and not only was there an abundance of things to choose from, they were nice things too.  When it came to prices we noticed we usually got things for 1/2 the original asking price and they probably still made a profit!  I was absolutly pleased with Progreso, it was a very beautiful and charming quaint little town.

this little guy was at the resort
sea wall
sea wall
another Mariachi good-bye
another Mariachi good-bye
we could not tell what this was, w…
we could not tell what this was, …
Progreso