embarkation day & life on the ship

Galveston Travel Blog

Stevie Wonder

We got to Galveston at around 1230, we were told the waiting line would be close to 2-3 hours, and that ship boarding would not begin until 1400 and since we wanted to be one of the first on the ship we got there really early.   Turned out we we're in line about 30 minutes and we boarded the ship by 1315, I'm not sure if that is unusual or what, but we were happy to be onboard drinking the special of the day!  The ship finally sailed at 1630, and we were on our way to an absolutly fun vacation!  They say once you cruise you can't stop, I absolutly agree it is addicting!  one of the first things we did after getting our drink of the day was sign up for a couples massage on our last day at sea, one bit of advice here wait till the last day to sign up for things like this cuz' it's about $50 cheaper!  That being said, we had an amazing massage on our last day great topper to our cruise.

call me superstitious
  You absolutly cannot possibly do everything there is to do on a cruise, they offer so much.  Which is probably one of the reasons people have to do it again and again!

Unfortunatly, they do not allow you to video or take pictures of any of their shows.  However they have some fabulous shows everynite they have a different one.  We only saw 3 of them, one of them however  had a surprise guest that we picked up in Progreso.  It was Stevie Wonder and he came out sang one song and left we were allowed to take his picture, so I did!  My husband and I still have a burning question though, "what was Stevie Wonder doing in Progreso?"

We saved going to the casino till the last day to avoid spending all our cash and just as quickly as we got there is probably how quickly we left!  Amazing how fast you can loose all your money.

Galveston ship channel
  I tried my luck at the slot machines, while Jarod tried blackjack.  Neither one of us did well or came out of there millionares, oh well such is life.  I guess we have to save our money again for another cruise and another shot!

The food and service was amazing, they say you gain about 10lbs. when you go on a cruise, since you can literally eat 24/7.  We would eat breakfast and lunch at the buffet place and our dinner at our designated dining room.  In between however we frequented the pizza place and sushi bar quite abit!  As well as our daily ice cream cone, and all the drinks we had.  I weighed myself as soon as I got home and I was 3lbs short of ten, so I guess you can say I did pretty good!  None the less it's worth 10lbs even if I had gained them!  We are already thinking about our next cruise which we started talking about way before we even got off this one.

the Elissa, at Galveston
the Elissa, at Galveston
9-8-07. our little towel elephant.
9-8-07. our little towel elephant.
our little towel animal of the day!
our little towel animal of the day!
our balcony