My last day in Portugal

Oporto Travel Blog

Whizzing by on the bus
What a wonderful and hectic last day I had! After a morning of work, a picnic by the river and a bus ride into Porto, we were greeted by a really crappy hotel. I can't even call it a hotel it was more like a hostel. My guard went up instantly as I tried to enter my hotel room and the lock was broken and there was a used towel on the floor. The carpet was stained and there was this awful musty smell that I couldn't bear. It seemed as if someone broken the door lock in order to use the room whenever they wanted..

My roommate was not too pleased with my complaints but I wasn't about to trade my safety for her criticisms. Irene swooped in to save the day. (Can you imagine me being stuck without any Portuguese and only the team who was progressively hating me more each day?!) We went to dinner at a spectacular place where I had fried cod cake and it was delicious! In fact everything that I ate was delicious and all the weight that I was supposed to lose - not only did I not lose any weight but I gained some considering all the fabulous food in Portugal.
Cafe Majestic

I learned that Porto was the 2nd largest city with 600,000 people. Lisbon was the largest with over 1 million, and Braga was the 3rd largest with 100,000. You can tell Porto was a big city because people were significantly ruder here, and more people spoke English.

By the time we had coffee at Majestic cafe, it was nearing midnight, and Irene offered to take me to the airport since I had to be there at 4am. She and I ended up on the most WONDERFUL journey of Porto. My god that girl has just the biggest heart and brightest outlook on life I ADORE her to pieces! We loaded up my luggage and stayed up all night! She took me to a couple of blues and jazz clubs in different parts of town. I could have stayed an extra week just to soak in all the gorgeous music places. Then we went on an "intensive tour" of Porto where she drove me around the city to look at the riverside, bridges and local monuments.
Oporto