So long fairwell auweidersein adure

Sydney Travel Blog

Rugby League

May was to be my last month in sydney because working is for suckers and suddenly realised i had been to see hardly any of the sites in sydney so acted the tourist at weekend. I headed down to bondi beach one sunny saturday, however it was bitterly cold, similar to Redcar beach tup north. It was sunny though so the pictures came out good and thought I had to go their. It was very cold and the jumper and jeans i was wearing was not enough to keep the wind out. I saw two british girls with a similar british attitude, they were in sydney and there were going to bondi beach even if they did not enjoy it and had to huddle together with loads of layers to get through it.

I went to Australia Vs New Zealand Rugby leageue centenary test. all in all it was a bit of a disapointment, it was played at the sydney cricket ground so you were about a mile from the pitch and i do not relaly like rugby league.

A man on a "nudey run" as they say in Oz
I have never seen so many fights, i saw three separate incidents which resulted in people being thrown out. Some serious fights that the security and police struggled to break up. It was however good to see the Hakka at the beginning of the game by the Kiwis. Australia trounced NZ though.

You might think that climbing the harbour bridge is a must, well it probably is if you are made of money or the king of england because it costs nearly $200. I could not afford that so headed up one of the pylons which takes you almost to the same height and you get a little museum for $7 which was nice and suited me perfectly, took some more cliche photos of the opera house.

Had a ticket deal that also got me in to the wildlife zone in sydney, it was not bad for a zoo in the centre of a city but i whizzed round.

Harbour bridge
got to see all sorts of horrible creepy crawlys but did enjoy seeing the koalas and wallabees. Koalas look cute but smell like a public toilet.

The final sight i saw was the powerhouse museum. I was under the impression it wsa some sort of science museum, it was not that much fun. There was a lot of learning and not enough playing.

Gave in my notice at work. On my last day of work someone brought in beers, not for me for something unrelated, and i got the new boy to do the work as i watched the sun set over sydney harbour sipping on a beer which was enjoyable. Headed out for what planned to be 1 beer after work, did not get home till 1 am and packing all my australia life away at 5:30am before i got on the bus out of sydney was painful and a mess but i did it!

Rugby League
A man on a nudey run as they say…
A man on a "nudey run" as they sa…
Opera House