Mammoth Lakes Travel Blog

Having got caught up in rush hour in San Fran we were behind schedule and had to nail it to our next destination. It got dark and suddenly we hit some winding roads and in trying to find full beam I turned off the lights half way up a mountain. Fortunately we could not see how far down it was. Got to yosemite and it was dark so we could not see any sites and so just raced along as there was noone about but the park went on forever. Finally found our hostel on the other side of yosemite.

Woke up the next morning and had amazing views. We were staying in a ski town at around 8000 feet. Some of you, or at least Vicky E, should recognise the name as the place the people in Laguna beach go for skiiing. Had a bit of a look around and then headed back to yosemite where we found even more views and even some deer. And enjoyed a bit of a walk, but I left my trainers in Washington so could not go to far in my smart shoes which now have holes in.

Headed back to the hostel and got chatting to a bit of a character. He spends a lot of time there as he is a marathon runner. Originally from El Salvador, now an American citizen he runs marathons professionally and was doing altitude training. He runs in the elite group of athletes at most of the major marathons and he loved to talk and watch the womens soccer world cup.

Could not find internet in Mammoth had a couple of beers instead.

El Capitan