Rotorua Travel Blog

Moved on to rotorua which is supposed to be the maori capital of New Zealand. It is full of hot springs and also stinks because of all the sulphur it releases so everywhere you go smells like egg. On the way stopped off at the place Hobbiton was formed in Lord of the rings, but I dont like the film so it meant nothing to me

Saw some people do Zorbing but it looked a bit rubbish as the hill it went down was tiny so I gave it a miss, but might do it in Australia depending on money. I did decide to do Luging, which is like the olympic sport but the sled has handle bars on it. This was great fun. Had a couple of races down, one time got barged on to the grass and then another  time I crashed in to someone who had fallen off after over taking me.

In the evening loads of people went on a Maori night but I could not be bothered as I had seen enough of that sort of thing in  Fiji and it was very expensive. Instead I fell asleep at 10 to catch up on some sleep.

Woke up Early Doors the next day though as it was rugby world cup final day. There were a fair few people in the bar, 90% english and had a drink. Not a great game to watch and jumped straight on the bus to move on. Did a typical Kiwi Experience walk which was uninspiring and through a forest, the worst of all walks.

photo by: Vanessa_Mun_Yee