Queenstown Part 2

Queenstown Travel Blog

Everyone in their attractive luging gear

There were not many people left in Queenstown when we got back, but a few of us went out the evening we got back. it was a fairly uneventful night except there was what appeared to be a tramp on the dance floor and he smelt really bad, a bit like bonfire, the tunes werent great either, but it was a woman DJ so what would you expect.

The next day we went on the Luge track. On the way up in the gondella we got great view of Queenstown. I learnt from my mistakes in Rotorua and dominated in Queenstown. Good fun with the races, pushing people off the track and at one point I fell off a bit, crashed in to neil and he took a massive fall scraping his arm.

Mini Golf Good Times
We also had a quick game of mini-golf which was fun but I did not do so well at that, despite being the only player to score a hole in one.

That evening we took things easy, went for a curry at the place across the road which was quite nice and very reasonably priced. In the evening we watched Anchorman which was very funny.

On our last day in Queenstown we had a game of Frisbee golf, which is like golf but you had to throw a frisbee in to a basket. It was quite tricky but it was nice weather, free and by the lake. We played 1-Ball style in pairs and me and Rebecca managed to come a respectable second.

On the final night in Queenstown everyone left decided we would see it off in style. I still had some duty free vodka that I had bought on the way to New Zealand so we started on that.

The View from the Luge Track
When we left for the bar in the hostel they had horizontal bungee going on. We all entered. The guys running the even decided he didnt want us to win so he helped out another couple to win. He particularly took a dislike to John and did not help him at all and then John took a massive fall. He cannot recall whether it was because the guy running it had let go of the bungee and set him flying or if John had forgotten that he needed to run backwards but he went down hard. He got no sympathy for everyone and was told to Jog it off and he even went and got some ice. Things got worse and he decided to go to hospital.

The rest of us being good friends carried on. My memory gets a little hazy here but apparently I climbed a tractor, fell asleep in the club and then told reception I had lost my key when it was infact around my neck. Not a very smart night.

The next morning I woke up and John was still not back from the hospital. It transpired he had shattered his elbow and was in an ambulance on a 2 hour drive to go to another hospital to have surgery on it.

I also lost my trousers and spent ages looking for it and decided I would not get on the bus when I found them locked away in my lock safely, except I had left the key right by the locker. The journey was very funny as mother will testify in her birthday phone call.

Everyone in their attractive lugin…
Everyone in their attractive lugi…
Frisbee Golf Happy Times