Queenstown

Queenstown Travel Blog

I am not actually a midget

Having left wanaka, we headed to Puzzle World on the way to Queenstown. Puzzle World was amazing and one of the best things I did in New Zealand. It had an awesome maze, a room tilted at an angle with water and balls going up hill, it had a crazy room that made you look like a giant or a midget and a room where loads of faces followed you. Alot of it wont look that good in the photos but actually there it was incredible.

Got to Queenstown checked in to the hostel and then spent a bit of time looking around the place and getting ready for our first big night there. Everyone met in the bar in the hostel and the drinking commenced. Moved on to another place called World Bar which served cocktails in teapots which was quite interesting.

Jaeger Bombs, a travellers tradition, you drop a shot of Jaegermeister in to redbull and down it
Pulled out some big dance moves in the club got a little tipsy and decided to head home. On leaving the club, the guy who had been our bus driver on the way down decided that one of my friends, Lorcan, had done something wrong and punched him. I broke it up and sent it home. Put a bit of a dampner on things but we went back to our room and continued the party.

Quite a big hangover the next day so chilled out, went down to the lake, spent a bit of time catching up on the internet etc. That evening had a game of bowling and I was rubbish in comparison to the skills I have on the Wii version.

Had another day just relaxing, it was nice not having somewhere to rush to and I went and bought a few things I needed. Did a bit of laundry. Went out in the evening on a similar path as on the first night there, had another good boogie.

Good Times in Queenstown

Next day woke up very hungover and headed off to do river boarding which a group of us had booked on to do. John thought it was like a lazy river but he was mistaken. The cold water quickly woke us up and it was very hard work paddling down the river on the boards. I got caught in a rapid which I tried to fight my way out of and had to work extra hard to catch up with the group. I later discovered it is much easier to let the rapid spin you and fling you forward than fighting it. Did some more jumping off some big rocks which was good fund, got dragged along by a jetski and also boarding down a massive slide.

It was exhausting stuff. Went out for a meal with some people from the bus who were leaving the next day and then decided to go out for one drink. At the bar was a bus load of people who I had been on with the north island. It was nice to catch up with them and exchange stories, went to bed at a reasonable time because the next morning we had a road trip planned!

I am not actually a midget
Jaeger Bombs, a travellers traditi…
Jaeger Bombs, a travellers tradit…
Teapot