The Poo Pub

Mahinapua Travel Blog

Everyone in fancy dress

We picked up a few more people on route to the "Poo Pub". The poo pub is a pub in the middle of nowhere that kiwi experience stays at. To make it interesting there is a big party there and a fancy dress theme. Our theme was what you want to be when you are older but was basically just any form of fancy dress.

We stopped off at a tiny town to do some shopping for the costumes but because it was sunday, and new zealand almost comes to a stand still on a sunday, most shops were closed so people worked with what they got.

We also stopped at a place that had rocks that look like pan cakes stacked on top of eachother, which were not very interesting. However it did have special blow hole type thingys like whales which blew water out when the waves were right which were cool.

As soon as we got to the poo pub people dissappeared to their rooms to work on their costumes. I went for a mexican wrestler as I already had my mask from mexico and purchased a table cloth as a cape. Very good fun night with lots of dancing and a few wrestling moves including body slamming a girl dressed as a christmas present and her box breaking.

me being a wrestler