Ko Samui

Koh Samui Travel Blog

The beach

Jumped on a boat to Ko Samui which is another island in the same sort of region as Koh Phangan. Very dodgy boat and just as we left the sea picked up a treat and it made for a bumpy ride and water leaked through the roof on to me the whole trip. Got there and jumped in a taxi and headed to Chaweng beach which is supposed to be the most popular place to go on the island. When we got there, negotiated a bungalow for us. We ended up paying about 6 pounds each for a room with aircon and tv, not luxury but still very nice.

That evening went for a walk to see what the place was like. Instantly you could see how much more tackier Ko Samui was and tourist orientated.

The beach
There were a lot of German and English families about and the Thais would try and sell you everything under the sun. Did see a Burger King and went in their and pigged out on westerd food. I greatly enjoy Thai food, but after a while your body just wants something western to cleanse (probably not the right word to describe a Burger King) the inside of all the spicy curry.

Hit the beach, which was very nice, and quiet which suprised me, it was low season although even in peak season I think you could have had your pick of the beach. The water here was unbelievabley warm and a joy to get in to. In the evening, me and John met up with Mo, Johns friend and had a night out. It was more like what I had expected from Thailand. Walking down the street we saw several prostitutes who claimed to have loved me long time and other Thai women trying to man handle me in to strip clubs for their commision.

Football Gold aka Terriball Golf
Other bars you would walk in and Thai girls would literally jump on you and start groping you to try and make you buy drinks and I believe if you did buy a few drinks they were more than happy to go home with you. It was not cool especially seeing the text book western guy hanging out with his Thai girlfriend unable to hold an actual conversation. Avoided these bars and hung out at the more regular ones.

One night headed off to the half moon party down at the lake, another money making idea for a party. It was ok at best.

In an attempt to do something during the day other than lie on a beach me and John went off to play football golf, where you kick a ball instead of hitting with a golf club. It was terrible, we got a taxi there to find out it was very expensive then played, hurt our feet kicking the ball and got bitten to death by mosquitos and fire ants and it was also very sweaty. I won and vowed to stick to what I know, beaches.

Did get myself two tailored suits in Bangkok to Fix Up Look Sharp. It was good fun having everything measured and amazing how quick they could make stuff and adjust it. The suits, especially the jackets fit very well and I felt like the King of England!

Koh Samui