The Full Moon Party

Koh Phangan Travel Blog

Buckets of alcohol

Got to koh phangan and checked in to nice room, quite expensive but had not choice because everything was booked up because of the full moon party. Tired because had to wake up so early to catch flight but then had the shocl that the full moon was a day earlier than I had expected, so had a 1 hour nap and then headed out on to the town, had no idea where we were going just walked. Got an infamour bucket which is nothing special except for the fact they are so cheap. There were lots of people around, even saw some sort of dignitary walking the town flanked by cameras and security, some of which appeared to be Belgian Army. Found the beach and the party was massive people everywhere dancing away. Loads of fire throwers and stuff and music from different djs the length of the beach.

Partying like its 1995
 I was worried that it was going to be nothing more than a dirty drug fuelled 90s rave, however I did not get offered drugs once and managed to enjoy the hard dance music that was playing. The sun rose which was nice and people were still going. Some people passed out on the beach despite the music blaring. Got an obligatory glow paint tattoo type thing and decided to go for a merry christmas as I thought it was very funny. Trapsed home to the hotel in time to be served breakfast and fell asleep.

Spent the next day sleeping pretty much and eating, did some sunbathing but it is far too hot to stay out in the sun too long. All the bars and restaurants play DVDs of films not even out, I am not sure about the legality on it though. Saw Kung Fu Panda and Sex in the city movie which made me want to kill myself. Went out a few more night but just generally chilled. The island emptied out quickly as people moved on which was a bit of a shame

Stigen says:
I felt much the same when some girlfriends dragged me along for sex in the city (not literally)
Posted on: Dec 27, 2010