OceaniaFijiNadi

Fiji Time

Nadi Travel Blog

Got on the plane with a couple from England, Alex and Charlotte, good guys. Jumped on the air new zealand flight where half the staff were dressed in their all black shirts as they were playing france in the quarter finals that day. Watched Liscence to Wed on the plane - it was shocking. Had pretty bad turbulance on the plane and peoples drinks went in the air, gave me sweaty palms. Landed in Nadi having crossed the international date line so I did not get a friday night or saturday morning that week. It seems very simple in your head that you just lose a day, but trust me it isnt, even virgin got it wrong on my flight itinarary and charlotte and alex had got it wrong, they booked the hostel for the previous night. They followed me to mine as i had a shuttle to pick me up.

To make matters worse, alex had lost his debit card in america so charlotte was in charge of withdrawing funds. However she had taken some out in the airport and the cook islands and then some in the airport in fiji and so the bank thought there was fraud going on. So they so I leant them some. We stayed up late that night to watch Egnaldn Vs Australia at 1am (3am cook island time) and were surrounded by lots of aussies who were giving england a lot of abuse, but then dissapeared very quickly once we had lost.

The next morning i woke up early to see the end of france beating new zealand which was good news as i could not bare to be in New Zealand if they had gone on to beat england. Spent most of the day catching up on sleep round the pool, finally in fiji i had got some good weather and it was nice. Booked myself a 7 day Bula Pass which gave me unlimitted travel between the Yassawa Islands and headed to bed early as i was still tired from my birthday and only getting 5 hours sleep from watching the rugby and had to be up early doors for the boat. Got woken up by a girl turning on the light in the room leaving me not happy.

pauric_doherty says:
Have you any more info on the Bula pass?? I will be in NewZealand in about 12 months and this sounds ideal for what i'm looking for!
Posted on: Oct 31, 2007
tvillingmarit says:
Hope to be there some time
Posted on: Oct 16, 2007