The Cook Islands

Rarotonga Travel Blog

Me and will got a lift to LAX on a shuttle and had the weirdest driver who chatted us for the entire journey about "In and Out" burgers and then refused a tip and told us to buy a burger instead. Me and will said our goodbyes and I headed off to the cook islands whilst he headed back to england via new york.

I got the weekly red eye from LA and arrived at the cook islands at 6am, very tired having not slept well in the nights leading up to it. However on the journey to the kept me awake with beautiful sights of the island as sun rose. The scenary is amazing and i thought I might even run in to those lost people from Oceanic Flight 815. Had a little look at the beach that my hostel sits on and then went to bed for a few hours.

I ended up being in a dorm full of girls and it felt like i could have been on holiday with vicky hearing them complaining about their lack of hair straightners. It was a bit cloudy out which dissapointed me but i just lay in the sun nodding off all day. Later on i remembered just how close to the equator I am as I got my self sun burnt. Slapped a bit of aftersun on and kepy out of the sun yesterday. Rented some kayaks with people from the hostel and investigated some other islands in the lagoon around rarotonga and was beautiful to look back on the island, it is definitely the most picturesque place I have ever been to, even if there is not an awful lot to do.

I am just killing a bit of time now until I catch a flight to another island, which is supposed to be even more beautiful, but have even less to do and mosquito central, but I am catching the plane with another lad from the hostel so that should help.

Rarotonga